- This event has passed.
Suvomoy Mitra Photography Workshop : Is Kolkata still the Cultural Capital of India ?
January 12 @ 10:00 am - January 19 @ 4:00 pm₹2500
Every place has its own culture. Every city is different retaining exclusive characteristics. It’s not only Kolkata, one can trace culture in every living area. Yet, Kolkata is often described as the cultural capital of India. Is it because Kolkata is a vast culture pot enriched by the adi residents, the Moghuls, the British and the contemporary citizens? Now what is culture that we actually see today? And photograph them. Is it a void? Or something substantial, meaningful is visible? The workshop aims to present an entertaining insight into the current Kolkata culture scenario and a definite methodology to hunt for it. Debdutta Gupta, art historian, will portray the visible traces of many cultural aspects and open pathways to move on. Suvomoy Mitra, a Kolkata based photographer will exclusively present the same concept through a looking glass. Expect unheard stories, unseen elements and fascinating discoveries that would refresh your own perspective. After the first interactive session, a participant will enjoy a full week to take photographs, collect visuals the way one perceives culture. On the second day we shall analyse, review and set more powerful processes to arrest frames that represent a mirror of our own self, the way we exist, culturally.
Terms & conditions: You need to agree to the following terms and conditions before you enroll for the workshop.
1. Each workshop ticket is for single participation only.
2. All cancellation requests must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The workshop fee is non-refundable, even if the participant fails to attend any of the workshop class.
4. 50% of workshop fee is refundable only if cancelled before 15 days of the first date of Workshop.
5. If the Workshop is rescheduled or cancelled from our end then the entire fee is refundable.
6. Copyright and all intellectual property rights of workshop and materials remains the property of Impression.
7. No photography and video recording is allowed during the Workshop.
8. Any damage to the venue property caused by the candidate is payable by him/her.
9. For Online Booking, GST will be charged extra to the Workshop Fees.